Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Best and Worst of the Sixth Season of 24

Best Moments:

5. I seriously can't find 5 things to highlight in this season!

4. Did I say 5? I meant 4 things to highlight in this season!

3. Assad

I've already written this multiple times. Jack working with Assad held so much potential and then transitioning to Assad working with Wayne was nearly as good. So, let's kill him.

2. Jack vs. Fayed

Jack's fights would got more and more elaborate as the seasons went on. I think this was the high point. It lasted for a significant amount of time, had a phenomenal killing move, and even had a James Bond one-liner as Jack killed him. And since it happened with 7 hours left in the day, it came out of nowhere and was a real shock. I can't ask for more.

1. Jack and Heller

Jack's monologue in the final hour was Sutherland at his best. So much has been done to Jack over the years, that he needed to deliver this speech at some point. It didn't make up for the preceding 24 hours but it's still a highlight for the series.

Worst Moments:

5. Jack kills Curtis

This was a great scene but a horrible plot twist. It felt like the only reason they brought Curtis back this season was to kill him. He didn't do anything else.

4. Jack and the mentally challenged

Wait ... did Jack just put a mentally handicapped guy undercover?

3. Ahmed

I do like Kal Penn but this was abysmal. We did terrorist family back in season 4, now we need terrorist neighbor?

2. The Bauer family

I already wrote about the stupidity of Jack's family being evil but it needs to be reiterated. Why? Just why?

1. Walid

Go see what I wrote in the episode review. This served no purpose and wasted a really strong actor. I'm sure the creators were on their soapbox but I stopped paying attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment