Sunday, September 26, 2010

Grown Ups

Unlike 2 years ago, I've fallen behind but I am about to catch up real quick. I will do this by cutting some of these short. First up may be the shortest:

Grown Ups is one of the lazier movies I’ve seen in a long time. At first I was going to say look at all the talented people cashing a check but … really? Everyone is cashing a check but there isn’t an award winner as far as the eye can see. Grown Ups is a bunch of friends getting together and making a movie. A very forgettable movie that I doubt I’d watch again on cable.

Sometimes it is hard to remember that I loved Adam Sandler’s movies 15 years ago. Its not like Billy Madison changed the course of cinema history but it felt like Sandler was trying. Grown Ups is just another Sandler movie that is funny while I watched it but now that I think back I don’t remember anything about it. And adding a handful of guys that I don’t have any interest in seeing in movies, Kevin James, David Spade, and Rob Schneider doesn’t help matters. I don’t even want to think about Chris Rock. One day he will top Pookie, but this wasn’t it.

There are better comedies than Grown Ups and would recommend seeking them out. I wish it would have had the common decency to at least suck instead of being boring.

5 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment