Sunday, June 3, 2007

Kidnapped

1. Kidnapped

I cry shenanigans. This would have easily been in my television top 10. Kidnapped was so damn strong right out of the gate. Whether or not it would have maintained that high level as a long running series, I do not know, but it would have been nice to see it play out for at least one full season. Delroy Lindo, Jeremy Sisto, and Timothy Hutton were all doing great work. Also have to mention Bubba whenever Bubba shows up. I will freely admit that Kidnapped was a 24 clone so I am partial to the format, but the characters (family, kidnappers, police, free agents) were all well written. The pratfalls that you see on 24 may have blown holes in the plot eventually but for the episodes I saw the story was engaging and made you want to tune in next week. Easily the show I miss the most from this television season.

No comments:

Post a Comment