Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Television 2007-2008

What is the second greatest television invention of my lifetime? Digital Video Recorder. This glorious device allows me to be both a useless slave to the television while at the same time not wasting hours every night watching first-run shows. It is beautiful. Oh and here is the rest of the top 5:

5. Non-stop SportsCenter throughout the morning (I can’t tell you how important this was before the internets)

4. Multiple HBOs and other multiple pay-cable movie stations (There are 50 movie channels so there has to be a decent movie somewhere)

3. HD (Are you kidding me? Do I even need to explain this?)

2. DVR

1. The Sopranos (This is not what you think. Although The Sopranos was that good of a show, it is not the adventures of Tony Soprano that is important. Ever since this show aired television has become the home of real talented people who no longer see it as a step down from films. Which in turn means more and more worthwhile television programs. Plus The Sopranos kicked an unidentifiable amount of ass in the beginning.)

The point of this post is to detail how I will be dealing with this television season. Now I do watch shows from June through August, but it is hard enough for me to keep up with just movies so I needed to wait until the network season began. And this is how it is going to go down. It will happen once a week, maybe a paragraph per episode, and a quick grade. For this first post I will detail the sheer ridiculous amount of shows I watched and state which ones I will continue to watch and review.

Sunday

There are no reviews as of now. I barely pay attention to The Simpsons and even if I did I wouldn’t review it. There are no HBO shows I care about until The Wire shows up again. I am counting the fricking days. Dexter just started up this Sunday on Showtime and I may throw it on; serial killers can be fun.

Monday

Here we go. Prison Break, Chuck, Heroes, Weeds, Californication and when that sweet time returns 24. K-Ville got the axe after one show. I'll steal the joke that both The Simpsons and South Park have made in the past. K-Ville is either another version of Police Cops or Cop Drama; take your pick. I don’t follow many procedurals and television cop shows all seem bland to me after The Wire and to a lesser degree The Shield.

Tuesday

Here we go again. This day will include Bones, House, The Unit, Reaper, Damages, and maybe Boston Legal. The Shield will follow if and when it shows up.

Wednesday

The craziness tapers off here. Hump day has Bionic Woman and Lost after the New Year. I may or may not include Life or Dirty Sexy Money but I need a couple more episodes to see if I will like it or not.

Thursday

I will piss on Smallville for another year because I will see things through to the end. Although I may end up watching the NBC shows, I have no interest in reviewing them. I highly doubt Big Shots will last.


There ain’t nothing worth reporting for Friday and Saturday. Then again Val Kilmer was on Numbers so I could change my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment