Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Reno 911!: Miami

Here is the first of what I will assume will be multiple acceptable comedies I will see throughout the year. I swear to you that I do enjoy the process of laughing. It is something I try to do as much as possible every day of every week, but as time has gone on comedies have become disposable to me. Reno 911!: Miami fits right into that category. There were funny scenes, actors that I liked popped up, but in the end I was happy to see the credits.

One of the main positives for me is that even after over 10 years have passed, I always like to be reminded of The State. Reno 911! has always provided me with that reminder since nearly half the cast is filled with veterans of The State. Did there really need to be an extended episode shown in movie theaters? My guess would be no, but since I was not polled one has been filmed and distributed. Not only has a movie been made, but also it is a very profane movie with plenty of nudity and non-censored questionable actions. Hooray for R ratings! You know what? Hooray for a random walk-on by The Rock. That was a thoroughly pleasant surprise with a thoroughly pleasant swift exit. Thanks for showing up!


Even if you were the type of person, like me, who does not blink in the face of constant dirty jokes, this movie is relentless in its attempts to shock you. The overall problem is that the batting average is just not that high. And worse the jokes that were funny weren’t that funny and the amusement of seeing regular guests like Patton Oswalt and Nick Swardson just doesn’t cover up for the lackluster final product.


If you like the television show, you will like the movie. If you have never seen Reno 911! or at least The State you are screwed. I cannot possible recommend this to someone that doesn’t even have at least an idea of what they are getting themselves into.


5 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment