Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Final 2010 List

Let’s close the book on 2010. Although I had the lowest amount of movies seen since I’ve been doing this ridiculous shit, the quality more than made up for that. I ended up with a very strong top 10 and maybe even stretch that out to 15. You can’t really ask for more than that ... I want a pony ...
  1. Inception
  2. The Social Network
  3. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1
  4. Winter’s Bone
  5. True Grit
  6. The King’s Speech
  7. 127 Hours
  8. The Town
  9. Let Me In
  10. Shutter Island
  11. The Fighter
  12. Kick-Ass
  13. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
  14. Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
  15. Iron Man 2
  16. The Losers
  17. Black Swan
  18. Edge of Darkness
  19. The Book of Eli
  20. Green Zone
  21. Alice in Wonderland
  22. The A-Team
  23. Unstoppable
  24. Piranha 3D
  25. The Crazies
  26. Predators
  27. Salt
  28. TRON: Legacy
  29. The Wolfman
  30. Machete
  31. The Expendables
  32. Brooklyn’s Finest
  33. Due Date
  34. Faster
  35. The Karate Kid
  36. Robin Hood
  37. Daybreakers
  38. Repo Men
  39. Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
  40. Resident Evil: Afterlife
  41. Clash of the Titans
  42. MacGruber
  43. Legion
  44. Grown Ups

Let’s finish this up with my choices for the Oscars. I’ll explain my nomination changes then give my winner. Skipping past Best Movie since I just listed those and don’t feel the need to do it again.

Best Actor:

Leonardo DiCpario (Inception)
Colin Firth (The King’s Speech)
James Franco (127 Hours)
Jesse Eisenberg (The Social Network)
Jeff Bridges (True Grit)

Swapping in Leo for Javier Bardem. I am personally rectifying the Inception snubs even if only in my head.

My choice is James Franco but would be comfortable with every other choice.

Best Actress:

Natalie Portman (Black Swan)
Jennifer Lawrence (Winter’s Bone)
Hailee Steinfeld (True Grit)
Chloe Moretz (Let Me In)
Noomi Rapace (The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo)

Only Portman and Lawrence match the Oscar noms. I’m moving Hailee here instead of Supporting because she was the protagonist of the fucking movie. I feel Chloe needs to be recognized so I’ll go with the movie no one saw here. One of the Millennium trilogy had to be released in Sweden this year so I’ll stand by Noomi.

My choice is Natalie Portman but ask me tomorrow and I may switch to Jennifer Lawrence.

Best Supporting Actor:

Christian Bale (The Fighter)
Joseph Gordon-Levitt (Inception)
John Hawkes (Winter’s Bone)
Geoffrey Rush (The King’s Speech)
Tom Hardy (Inception)

Adding 2 more from Inception because I can.

In honor of Heath Ledger, Christian Bale has to be the biggest lock since the Joker.

Best Supporting Actress:

Helena Bonham Carter (The King’s Speech)
Mila Kunis (Black Swan)
Amy Adams (The Fighter)
Ellen Page (Inception)
Chloe Moretz (Kick-Ass)

Haha more Chloe Moretz because its fun when children swear. One more for Inception because I’m on a roll and Mila Kunis was legit robbed of a nomination.

Hmm. In lieu of not having a clear winner in my head, I’ll support Bellatrix Lestrange.

Best Director:

Christopher Nolan (Inception)
David Fincher (The Social Network)
Debra Granik (Winter’s Bone)
Tom Hooper (The King’s Speech)
Danny Boyle (127 Hours)

Lots of changes, but it doesn’t matter this should have been Nolan’s award. He keeps getting snubbed.

Since my choice isn’t available, I’ll support Fincher for the statue.

And that’s, pretty much, that.

No comments:

Post a Comment