Sunday, May 31, 2009

Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian

Why?  Every once and awhile I try to give movies I have no interest in but are popular a shot, so there is your reason for why I am reviewing Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian.  My opinion of Ben Stiller has not altered and nothing within these 100 minutes has caused me to rethink my position.  This is as forgettable a movie that I will see in 2009.

Not much to say about this.  This was the same movie as the first one, I think, I’m not sure if I have even seen Night at the Museum from beginning to end but I feel safe in assuming that this was just more of the same.  Exhibits come to life … hi-jinx ensue.  This time Stiller is not shocked and is ready to save the day.  At least there was Amy Adams to distract me.  It was also nice to see Bill Hader, Jonah Hill, Ed Helms, and Ricky Gervais for all of 5 minutes each.  Not much else to talk about.  I’m sure if I were 8 years old this would have been a great time.  But the joke gets old really fast.

I just want to move on to the next movie as soon as possible.  Since I'm not a fan of Ben Stiller or Owen Wilson, this is definitely not the franchise for me.  Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian was not awful, I just don't care.

4 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment