Monday, February 26, 2007

Ghost Rider

Hooray for mediocre comic book movies! I do not want to go through a year without my slice of blatant super hero cash-in. You know what? I just might get two servings of that pie in 2007, there is still Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer this summer. Now with Ghost Rider there were no glaring faults but at the same time there was absolutely no reason to see this again. Unless you are just that big a fan of Johnny Blaze, me, I prefer Johnny Blaze to be in reference to Method Man.

Usually I like to list the positives first, it makes me seem like a much more glass half full type of guy. I do care ever so much about that. There is a problem though; there ain’t anything to list. That is a bit of an overstatement. Sam Elliott was awesome. But then again it is Sam Elliott; I am in favor of anything that allows me to hear him speak words. Let’s see what else? The CG didn’t suck; well some of it did. It was nice to see Peter Fonda. He didn’t do anything worth remembering but it was still fun to have him show up. I’m out of anything worth mentioning.

I am not going to waste my precious time reiterating that this whole thing was unnecessary. Were you the one demanding to see Ghost Rider on the big screen? If so, screw you and ya owe me 9 bucks. In lieu of payment, let me ask who would you use as the definition of average actor? I would say Nicolas Cage. This time around he puts all his average skills to use crafting something forgettable just for you. He fits right in with average comedian Donal Logue and average actress Eva Mendes. So we have a money-grab populated with uninspired casting but maybe there is a great script … no. Just move on.


Hey if you haven’t figured it out yet, don’t see this movie. It didn’t even have the decency to be memorably bad. Ghost Rider is just there to take your money and leave you feeling empty. Don’t fall in to its trap.

4 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment